Big Sisters of Greater Racine, Inc. is committed to the positive growth of young girls in our community by pairing them with caring volunteer women and encouraging friendships that foster guidance, motivation and hope.
We are an independent, non-profit organization, supported by member dues and gifts from individuals, foundations, organizations, and churches. We have been serving the greater Racine area since 1968 and are not funded by United Way or affiliated with Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
Big sisters strive to change lives two by two!
- Big Sisters is an all-volunteer organization with the exception of one part-time paid staff person
- We were formally constituted in January of 1968.
- We are not affiliated with any other Big Brother/Big Sister organization locally or nationally.
- We do not receive any United Way of Racine County impact partner funds.
- We are solely supported by gifts from individuals, businesses, foundations, and churches.
- Big Sisters and other adult members are asked to contribute yearly dues.
- There is no fee for a Little Sister or her family.
You Can Help
- Refer a prospective Little Sister
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser
- Tell others about Big Sisters of Greater Racine. Our best advertising is “word of mouth.”
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts.
Board and Staff
President: Leah Polack (email@example.com)
Vice President: Kathy Novak
Secretary: Katherine Jensen
Treasurer: Gina Janke
Membership: Melissa Donaldson
Ex officio: Susan Sandvick
Susan Sandvick, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)