What is a Big Sister?
A Big Sister is someone that can provide friendship, guidance, and encouragement to a young girl who could benefit from this type of one-on-one relationship. A Big Sister is joyfully committed to maintaining a good relationship with a Little Sister.
- Are women 18 years and older.
- Have undergone a screening process and have submitted to and passed a police check.
- Have a valid driver’s license, car insurance and a car available to them.
- Have attended a one hour orientation with the Director of Volunteers
- Spend time on a regular basis with their Little Sister.
- Are not substitute mothers, but rather, adult friends.
- Provide friendship, guidance and encouragement to a young girl who could benefit from this type of one on one relationship.
What are PALS?
PALS stands for People Assisting Little Sisters. PALS help out the girls on our waiting list by accompanying them on group activities or to the Annual Banquet or Holiday Party. The participation of a PAL is greatly appreciated in the Little Sister’s lives.
PALS should be:
- Women 18 years or older
- Must undergo a screening process and submit to and pass a background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a car available to them
- Must attend a one-hour orientation with the Director of Volunteers