Here are some fun, creative and entertaining ways for Bigs and Littles to stay connected while practicing social distancing.
- Schedule weekly / bi-weekly check ins over the phone, email, text, or video call – stay connected!
- Come up with a few accomplishable goals you can each achieve at home and have weekly check-ins on progress. For example, books read, becoming a better cook, art projects, fitness goals, etc.
- Think of at least 5 questions to ask your Little during each virtual visit.
- Play a game of “Would You Rather” or one of these games via FaceTime
- Download fun educational apps that Bigs and Littles work on together
- Watch a Broadway Musical online and check out “The Shows Must Go On!”
- Take a virtual field trip.
- Share Self-Care Tips with your Little (i.e. wash hands, limit screen time, exercise, meditate/mindfulness, read books, talk to people who care about you etc.)
- Watch a Lunch Doodle video and show your doodles to each other over video call, text or email
- Color and craft with Crayola
- Take a dance class together.
- Create vision boards – separately or shared on Google docs
- Learn a magic trick to share.
- Write short stories back and forth to each other (virtual or snail mail)
- Compete against each other in online gaming (PC, PS4, XBox, etc.)
- Virtually tour 2500+ museums together via Google Arts & Culture.
- Become Big/Little pen pals! Exchange letters and postcards with one another. Give your Little a letter-writing start-up kit with stationery, stickers and a sheet of postage stamps to get things going.
- Big/Little Book Club – Call and discuss book together
- Choose an article from Teaching Tolerance to read and discuss.
- Watch an Educational Show on Netflix and discuss.
For more ideas, check out our Facebook Page.
Send Big Sisters of Greater Racine a list of ways YOU can connect remotely with your match. We might add your ideas to share with other matches who may benefit from your ideas!